From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:01:46 GMT
Yes, it can be used during a build, the point is that one of the interest in
using Maven is to have continous automatized build system which is not
compatible with prompting.

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Alex Harui
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:28 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: AW: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1

On 10/16/12 12:11 PM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de"
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Maven doesn't provide the means to stall a dependency resolution and
> prompt
> the user for accepting a license. The only thing you could do is to
> protect
> access to the repository.
It looks like the antrun plugin would allow me to use ant to prompt the
user.  Haven't tried it yet.

> One way you could simuplate this would by by starting any turnkey nexus or
> artifactory server. There you could deploy some artifacts and configure
> the
> repo not to allow anonymous access.
> Now someone would need a login in order to fetch the libs. You could link
> the
> process of creating an account to accepting the licenses you want. As soon
> as
> someone creates a new account and accpts the licennse agreement, the nexus
> account is created and the user could use this account to access the
> artifacts.

I'm not sure that would be sufficient for Adobe.  For example, we altered
the license between Flex 4 and Flex 4.5.  A login wouldn't let you pick up
that change.

Maybe Apache Flex or Adobe could provide a plugin to show the licenses like
we do in the installer and additionally, remember which ones you accepted so
that subsequent builds can be unattended.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team