From Hans | dotdotcommadot <h...@dotdotcommadot.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC7
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 02:50:19 GMT
Hi guys,

I did some testing on the installer as well before I was going to vote, and after following
Christophe Herreman's opinion, I decided to +1 on this as well, although I think there are
a few important (but non-blocking) issues (if this previous one in this topic isn't blocking
of course).

Consistency is pretty important to look professional I think, and I can't say this is the
case everywhere.
On the language, I tried to add my five cents to this Jira ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33224

Here is what I found for the functionality:
- The name of the application looks kinda weird: "InstallApacheFlex". Can't we just change
this to "Apache Flex Installer", and maybe even put it default in a "Apache Flex" folder (since
I think this is only a until, and not really a very important standalone application).
- The disclaimer button does not perform any action, it is just a link to the disclaimer.
So I believe from a usability viewing point, this should be a LinkButton instead of a Button,
right?
- I think the "SHOW LOG" button should not be inside the application, but rather be a NativeMenuItem.
- For the licenses, is it really necessary to agree on all of them separately? (I think this
has been discussed before, but I thought I'd just mention it in case it wasn't).

Also, the design does indeed need to be cleaned up a little bit (the buttons don't always
rescale -- for instance when you switch to Dutch, the "Install" button says "Install…" because
the button's label isn't rescaling).
If I find the time I will try to have a look at it more and discuss it.

I hope I didn't repeat anything that what was said before too much.

H.

Hans Van den Keybus | dotdotcommadot.com
Mail: hans@dotdotcommadot.com
Phone: 0032 (0) 486 16 30 69

On 20-okt.-2012, at 02:37, Stefan Horochovec <stefan.horochovec@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well
>
> You can see this video, I'm recording to show how the bug happen
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AlmwX75RqM
>

> Stefan Horochovec
>

> 2012/10/19 Stefan Horochovec <stefan.horochovec@gmail.com>
>
>> Alex
>>
>> What AIR version you are running?
>>

>> Stefan Horochovec
>>

>> 2012/10/19 Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
>>
>>> Changing vote to -1 because of locale issue.

>>> points:

>>> review
>>> with a
>>> reproduce it.