From Robert Szabo <Robert.Sz...@adaptivemobile.com>
Subject RE: Flex Linux support
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 19:16:44 GMT
Thanks for the response.

Being that this is now being moved to an apache license. I do not see why some linux support
could not be provided so long as there is enough support for it. Maybe feature lacking but
still available.

-----Original Message-----
From: aYo ~ [mailto:ayo@binitie.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 3:01 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flex Linux support

Hi Robert,
There are a number of us here who are in the same boat with you. I regretfully have to tell
you that moving your development to windows seems to be the only option at the moment if you
want to take advantage of all the new features being developed. I have explored all the options
you have stated and currently I also develop with FDT5 in Linux Mint KDE. However I have had
to set up a windows dev environment to be able to work with the newer flash player and all
the new features. I still hope (albeit a fading
hope) that someday there will be a move towards resurrecting the support for developers who
prefer Linux as a development platform. For the moment though no cigar.
~a~
www.ayobinitie.com
http://mrbinitie.blogspot.com