From Robert Szabo <Robert.Sz...@adaptivemobile.com>
Subject Flex Linux support
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 18:37:39 GMT

I have been looking into this and am currently searching for linux support.

I have been using FlexBuilder for Linux, then I ended up going to fb4linux (http://code.google.com/p/fb4linux/)
for the 4.5 SDK with eclipse-indigo as Adobe stopped supporting linux when it introduced FlashBuilder.

This has worked fine and I am happy to continue working that way, but it would seem that there
will be no bugfixes/enhancements going forward.

The notable items lacking with the fb4linux approach is:

-          Visual Designer Mode

-          States view

-          profiler
Last time I checked FlashBuilder was eclipse based, so also curious if maintaining a Flashbuilder
plugin was in the cards.

I am aware that the flash-debugger is only available for linux in a 32 bit binary and there
is a workaround for that.

What I would like to confirm is if there is any future with Flex and Linux  in the roadmap
and if I  can continue developing and deploying in a linux environment.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Bob Szabo
email and any files transmitted with are confidential and intended solely for the<br>use
of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this<br>email
in error then please delete it and notify the sender. Do not make a copy or forward<br>it
to anyone.  This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the<br>presence
of computer viruses.<br><br>Adaptive Mobile Security Ltd, Ferry House, 48 Lower
Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland<br>Directors: B. Collins, G. Maclachlan (UK), N. Grierson
(UK), J. Ennis (UK), D. Summers (UK).<br>Registered in Ireland, Company No. 370343,