From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:28:41 GMT
Currently If I accept the Adobe license an download a FDK and Adobe decides to change the License
details after me downloading it. There are no means to force me to accept the changed license.
Same would apply to the szenario of a Adobe-Nexus which is accessed using username and password.
My Artifactory would be configured to use that login when fetching stuff from Adobes Nexus
and I would be able to use everything in an automated build environment ... My Artifactory
server would fetch stuff it needs from Adobe automatically using the login I provided it with.
If Adobe changed the license details all accounts would be disabled preventing my Server to
fetch stuff untill I accept the changed licenses and my account is re-activated. Then everything
should run smoothly untill the next license change.

I think this approach would eliminate the need for Adobe to build something entirely new and
simply use a standard Nexus and eventually develop a custom Plugin for registering and re-activating
user accounts. The effort for Adobe would be minimal, but the benefit for developers would
be at a max.

Chris

Von: Alex Harui [aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2012 21:28
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1

On 10/16/12 12:11 PM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de"
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Maven doesn't provide the means to stall a dependency resolution and prompt
> the user for accepting a license. The only thing you could do is to protect
> access to the repository.
It looks like the antrun plugin would allow me to use ant to prompt the
user.  Haven't tried it yet.

> One way you could simuplate this would by by starting any turnkey nexus or
> artifactory server. There you could deploy some artifacts and configure the
> repo not to allow anonymous access.
> Now someone would need a login in order to fetch the libs. You could link the
> process of creating an account to accepting the licenses you want. As soon as
> someone creates a new account and accpts the licennse agreement, the nexus
> account is created and the user could use this account to access the
> artifacts.

I'm not sure that would be sufficient for Adobe.  For example, we altered
the license between Flex 4 and Flex 4.5.  A login wouldn't let you pick up
that change.

Maybe Apache Flex or Adobe could provide a plugin to show the licenses like
we do in the installer and additionally, remember which ones you accepted so
that subsequent builds can be unattended.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team