From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:51:29 GMT
As far as I understood the thing, Apache can't ship a binary version because it has some deps
to stuff which you have to accept a license for. This is one of the reasons Om is working
on the installer, to automate this process (Hope I got this right). Even the Apache FDK depends
on stuff you can only get from Adobe ... at least stuff like the playerglobal and airglobal.
So I don't see a way how everything could be loaded without accepting an Adobe license.

That was why I was thinking about adding the license information to the poms and eventually
create a maven dependencyResolver that only downloads licensed artifacts if you accept them
by adding them to a "we accept these licenses" section to your pom. But this wouldn't prevent
users from using the normal resolver to download everything without accepting the license
agreement.

One option I could think of would be that Adobe could host some repo containing their stuff
and have access to that repo restricted by username+password. So you have to create a user
in order to access it and when creating the user you have to accept the license agreement.
I think this would be an acceptable approach for the users, but I doubt that Adobe would be
willing to spare the resources for creating such a repo (You would need to develop some lightweight
portal for gegisetring, managing your account, accepting the license agreement, ...).

Chris

Von: carlos.rovira@gmail.com [carlos.rovira@gmail.com] im Auftrag von Carlos Rovira [carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2012 11:26
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1

Ok Chris,

so the problem is only related to older Adobe sdks. For newer (Apache)
this workflow would be ideal, isn't it?

2012/10/16 christofer.dutz@c-ware.de <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:
> Ideally I agree, but then you have the problem, that maven would download artifacts automatically
without you or your companies nexus/artifactory/whatsoever agreeing to Adobes License terms.
That's why I think the best solution, currently, would be to generate the FDKs from the SDKs
you downloaded from Adobe and hereby agreed to the license terms.

> Chris

Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología
M: +34 607 22 60 05