From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:36:00 GMT
Well you could disable the accounts if accepting a changed license agreement is needed and
provide the means to re-activate it by accepting the licenses ... just a thought.

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service
Inhaber
Dipl. Inf. Christofer Dutz
Karlstraße. 104, 64285 Darmstadt

   IT- und Systemhäuser

fon:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 61
fax:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 64
mobil:  0171 / 7 444 2 33
email:  christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
http://www.c-ware.de

UStId-Nr. DE195700962

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2012 21:29
An: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1

On 10/16/12 12:11 PM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de"
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Maven doesn't provide the means to stall a dependency resolution and
> prompt the user for accepting a license. The only thing you could do
> is to protect access to the repository.
It looks like the antrun plugin would allow me to use ant to prompt the user.  Haven't tried
it yet.

> One way you could simuplate this would by by starting any turnkey
> nexus or artifactory server. There you could deploy some artifacts and
> configure the repo not to allow anonymous access.
> Now someone would need a login in order to fetch the libs. You could
> link the process of creating an account to accepting the licenses you
> want. As soon as someone creates a new account and accpts the licennse
> agreement, the nexus account is created and the user could use this
> account to access the artifacts.

I'm not sure that would be sufficient for Adobe.  For example, we altered the license between
Flex 4 and Flex 4.5.  A login wouldn't let you pick up that change.

Maybe Apache Flex or Adobe could provide a plugin to show the licenses like we do in the installer
and additionally, remember which ones you accepted so that subsequent builds can be unattended.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team