From "" <>
Subject AW: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:24:30 GMT
I'd say manually mavenizing a previously downloaded Flex sdk is a task nobody will be willing
to do. Even if such a Mavenized FDK was downloadable ... manually deploying that to a mmaven
repository would be insane. I created the Generator in order to automatically do this transformation
from a downloaded FDK to a mavenized one. Using the deployer the deployment can be automated

Assuming that we would use the FDK Generator, I'd say there are 3 Types of developers:
1. The "consumers": That expect everything to be setup so they can start using something without
any effort ... just add a dependency and off you go. These would feel insulted by such a solution
2. The Powerusers: They know how to read a website and manage to download the FDKs, the generator
and use that to deploy to their own repo. These would be anoyed by the need to have to do
this, but would probably settle with it and be happy.
3. People like me :-) People that would be glad to finally get their hans on a mavenized FDK
of their favourite Flex release and be happy to get their fingers dirty a little in order
to use it.

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service
Dipl. Inf. Christofer Dutz