From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:27:33 GMT
99% of my companies Maven repo is filled with stuff containing several licenses, but these
are all some sort of open-source licenses and there is no manual effort needed to have Nexus/Artifactory
automatically import them from other repos. For those 1% of the commercial libs, I usually
only have to deploy them manually. Fortunately they are usually only one or two jars or swcs/swfs
so this isn't a big issue. Having to deploy all of the artifacts of Flex however would take
me a full week of manual uploading of artifacts. This is the main Issue with deploying the
Flex SDKs ... the number of artifacts.

Regarding your legal questions about being allowed to upload commercial libs to a companies
repo. I guess this is a gray zone. Usually the licenses allow you to use a lib but don't tell
you how you are allowed to save it. Certainly it would be allowed to store the zip with my
libs on a remote file-share ... I think of maven being exactly the same. Most licenses are
bound to the number of developers using it and this is something I have to handle inside my
company. No matter if I distribute the files using Maven or by copying the content of a zip
from one share to another.

Chris

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service