From Kevin Newman <Capta...@unFocus.com>
Subject Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:44:41 GMT
There are still some features of AS3 that aren't supported in Jangaroo
(I think namespaces are a big missing feature), but they did manage to
get most things working. If you look at the compiled code for Jangaroo,
they didn't do as much of a 1:1 mapping to JS as other compilers try to
do, they setup string based accessors for example:

(this file isn't formatted for readability)
http://www.jangaroo.net/files/examples/flash/lines/joo/net.jangaroo.flash.examples.flash-lines.classes.js

"private function onEnterFrame", function(event)
{
	this.render$6();
}

It's not terrible, but you would never write JS code like that. Still,
it does work, is fast, and there are ways to use AS3 libs from JS, and
vise versa.

It's worth noting that they also have a pretty good Flash display list
API abstraction already implemented (newer versions run through a single
Canvas element).

Kevin N.