From Kevin Newman <>
Subject Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:01:56 GMT
On 10/18/12 7:28 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:
> Yes, the community has to figure out what the essence of Flex really is. To me, it's
an rapid-development application framework, the combination of a procedural language with
a declarative language, and a widely-deployed runtime that can support RIAs. The runtime of
the future for RIAs seems to be native code for mobile devices and HTML/Javascript for browser
apps. The best procedural language is anything that can be compiled to these runtimes. MXML
is a perfectly good declarative language for UIs.

Maybe the real discussion should be less about supporting AVM3 and more
about supporting a native compile framework - something like haXe NME
maybe (already open source). How much of Adobe's LLVM based iOS AOT
source is open? (if any)

For Javascript, there's already Jangaroo (open source):

Kevin N.

View raw message