From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex possible evolutions
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:17:54 GMT
Thanks for this thread Carlos,

Did you shared knowledge with Jonathan Campos regarding the starling
rendering layer issue?
If i understand well his last answer, its not trivial thing to manage,
but its realistic for a new major update. I think its good news, but
still wait confirmation and details.

I agree that we need more informations about AVMNext and what it needs
to target it.
If it means transcoding to AS4, its not an option unless we find a semi
automatic way to do it but according to Gordon its not very promising,
if if means to render on starling, like feathersUI does (and thibault
seems to say that it is enough to target new runtime) then we can digg
it (and it has already been).

I would add that if the current SDK can target starling, which means
target stage3D, which means something not too far from openGLES, what
does Flex SDK need to be able to target native openGLES platform?
transcompilation to C++ or java? get rid of some frameworks parts like
accessibility? i get back to the list of features that tie the SDK to
flash platform.
Is it stupidly naïve to think of it? it would ensure a smoother
transition from current SDk to the new from scratch.

i totally agree to your point b) except for this last statement "but as
well for people that wants to create complex games". unless you 'r
thinking of games with lots of menu like football manager, its hard to
see a place for flex in that area.