From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starling + Flex
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:57:35 GMT
Sorry for sharing my frustration, but i'm really trying to be
constructive in the sens that i'm trying to get clear informations of
the state of the framework, regarding, a multi target future.
I was not talking about Adobe here, i was saying that, in the context of
Alex talking about starting a new framework from scratch.
I am not complaining about how the things are today, but about the lack
of visibility of what is possible, and what is not for the future, about
what is the state of discusison among commiters about such a subject etc.

"discussing (on various threads and other media, like conferences) that
best approach to do that."
I'm happy to know that there are active discussions about it. But i'm
sorry, i try to follow the ML since a few month, and i did not saw much
about such deep discussions regarding a mutli target future.
If it was the case, i would not be frustated (even if no definitive
answer has been found yet)
Instead i see other frustrated readers talking about "Apache model
killing the project", "ghost town", "need of a roadmap"...

Can you please give us a feedback of those conferences? Can you just
give a quick update of the state of discussions and thoughts? and do you
have any advise to help us keep track of those discussions, if the ML is
not the right place?

For now, to be constructive, i'm trying to understand:
- What is the current vision of commiters regarding the future of flex,
and the multi target possibilities? Thanks a lot to Alex to have shared
a detailed explaination of his current toughts. I'd also love to see
commiters answer to the thread "What is the essence of Flex".
- What does it imply for flex as a mobile multi target SDK if it does
not run on next Adobe runtime in the short term? (it depends on Adobe's
plan regarding AIR runtime in fact)
- What is the amount of work required to get flex run on starling? Is it
manageable task (for major update) or does it imply big rewrite of SDK?
- What is the list of dependancies that tie the SDk to flash platform?
- Is there a realistic future for actual flex in middle term to be still
multi target, or is it such a mess that starting from scratch is the
only realistic way?