From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starling + Flex
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 20:01:16 GMT
AVMNext may not worth it, but any other target would.
So you are saying that trying to patch the framework is too much hard
work to get it run on other targets?
And you'd better try to write a new one from scratch?

But why would it still be called Flex if it has nothing to do with
previous Flex SDK, and if it does not have backward compatibility etc
Nothing could be used back from actual Flex, it would be such a waste,
and too much work to get back in the race of every other mature
frameworks...
Why would it even be written in AS3?
And without AS3 or easy transcoding solution, all previous Flex projects
already written have no future.

And why is the community still waiting for every other Adobe's donation,
or trying to make mustella work if there's no future in all that?

i'd love to get other commiter's vision of flex future.

Alex, i 'll try to wait your detailed explanations after 360Min, but do
you really think it's realistic to start a new framework from scratch,
regarding all the hard work needed to get any close to what Flex offers?

I feel that everything is going back in time. We're not talking about
abandoning an old technology, to get new modern and better one, we're
talking about abandoning a very efficient technology, with no
alternative with the same level of possibilities.