From s├ębastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the essence of Flex? its future and the Next runtime
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 13:08:58 GMT
Thanks Alex for your answer,

I don't count too much on FalconJS, but as Michael Chaize told us, it
gives a good starting point of a research to identify which points have
to be solved to get a full trans compilation to HTLM5.
So i'm couting on the background research of what is needed, more than
what has already been done.
By the way, with FalconJS donation, will you also give some documentions
regarding this reasearch?

"I don't have one, but it would be great to construct such a list. I
don't know HTML/JS well enough to help too much."
I was talking about a generic list of what makes Flex linked to Adobe
runtime, everything that is used directly from the runtime, like
DisplayList, events, e4x, and would need to be dropped or emulated if we
need to target other runtimes. Again such list must have been done in a
way or another to start flaconJS i think.
But i was not talking about any specific target runtime, so there's no
need to know HTML/JS to get this list, but it needs to know well the
flex SDK.

Regards