From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: To AS4 or not (was: Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon)
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:10:31 GMT
The question is what amount of work does it require to port from AS3 to
AS4 ?
It does not seems that the difference is as big as between AS2 and AS3
right?

I don't understand, what you mean in fact.
Is the work required is about to target stage3D by using starling2D as a
rendering layer? or is there more to do on the language side, needing to
rewrite big parts of the framework?

- If targeting AS4 means that we can't target AS3 as backward
compatibility because of deep AS3 rewrite its nonsense for flex.
- If targetting FlashPlayerNext means that we "just" need to change the
rendering layer, even if some features of Flex can't be used
(accessibility, native internationalization etc). The question is : Does
the framework architecture allow it or is it too monolithic to make it
happen?