From FORMER 03 | Robert Brendler <robert.brend...@former03.de>
Subject Re: Any news about FalconJS donation? (was: Financing the Design View AIR App (Was: Re: Design View AIR App))
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:21:25 GMT
I'd also like to drop some comment on this ...

I don't know how it is with you guys, but most of the projects I am
getting nowadays are required to be cross platform ... or better said
... "can you make it run on my iPad? do I really need another app for
it, I already got like 3 million of them" ... Although I really enjoy
working with Flex, I usually switch to html-js-css when it comes to the
cross-platform or code-once topic, which is a step back in terms of
comfort and speed for my development, but that is what the client wants
and pays for. You should not blame Adobe for not continuing flex and
catalyst but rather Mr. Jobs for declaring war on flash, and lets be
honest thats a fact that we are facing a couple of years already, get
over it. As a replacement I found jquery-ui to be not that bad. It gives
you the "small subset" of flex and is available now, even with some ui
effects.

On the other hand if there is a project that depends on the strengths of
flash (effects, rendering, ...) or if I am in an enterprise project that
only runs in an enclosed environment, where there is a company that can
dictate their employees which tool to use, I go back to flex. But in
these cases there is no need for a conversion to js, it probably
wouldn't bring an advantage cause it won't run as fast or make any
difference other than the used technology, correct me if I'm wrong. And
in case they still want something to play for their ipads I do a little
html web interface that talks to the same services, those kind of
clients usually can afford it.

The only thing I could imagine that really needs both performant
rendering and cross-platform compatibility are games ... but if you
wanna walk down that path you are better off with C/C++ anyway.

Cheers,
Rob

On 05.10.2012 16:27, Alex Harui wrote:
> FalconJS is not under development.  A prototype was built several months
> ago, but no serious work has been done on it since.  I should be able to
> start on its legal review next week.
>

> On 10/5/12 7:06 AM, "filippo dipisa" <filippo@dipisa.net> wrote:
>
>> FOr what I understand falco js is still under development and there is just
>> one resource on it so don't hope on it.
>> Please correct me if I am wrong.
>> Here there is a good solution if you want  to use as to create js apps
>>
>> http://www.jangaroo.net/home/
>>

>> On 5 October 2012 14:53, sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.flex@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Following the HTML5 targetting discussion
>>> is there any news about the FalconJS donation, as we now have Falcon
>>> donated, it shoudl be next?

> <http://www.linkedin.**com/in/masuland<http://www.linkedin.com/in/masuland>>>>>

As

Design