From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Is FXG a good long term choice for Apache Flex?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:33:23 GMT
On 10/5/2012 9:44 AM, s├ębastien Paturel wrote:

> by the way, why Adobe chose to use new FXG, instead of SVG? (i bet the
> answer as already been given a few times, sorry for asking again)

  There has been some talk about that in the past.  The general gist--as
I understand it--was that they decided it would be better to create
something which was closer to the Flash Player rending model.

  FXG and SVG are very close; as I understand it.  I thought the Flex
compiler supported SVG too?  It may be an interesting experiment to
convert all the FXG elements (and related skins) to SVG.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur