From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Financing the Design View AIR App (Was: Re: Design View AIR App)
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 13:38:10 GMT
I agree with others that you should abandone the idea that Adobe could
get Catalyst back from the dead.
They have been pretty clear about it, and the open sourcing is not an
option because of code dependencies.

Your only chance to see catalyst come back from Adobe, is to make Apache
Flex te best framework for HTML5 runtime!

Le 04/10/2012 00:48, Sebastian Mohr a écrit :
> @christofer dutz ... thanks for sharing your thoughts. +1 from my side!
> Flash Catalyst CS5.5 is a charm for interaction designers like me.
>

> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Sebastian Mohr
> Apache Flex Developer (PPMC),
> Interaction Designer & Musician
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/masuland
>

> On Oct 3, 2012, at 7:21 PM, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de wrote:
>
>> Well isn't it usually that way around?
>>
>> I create some general UI scetches using some tools like blamiq mockups and deal with
negoitating the functionallity with my customers. As soon as the component works as desired
I go "pimp my app" and give it to a designer to have it pimped.

>> Using Catalyst this was really easy (As soon as you had a desiger at hand that was
used to it and it's concepts). I was even able to let the designer skin a running application
deployed by me somewhere on the web, so I didn't have give away the code of the application
itself or setup the environment at the designers office. This workflow was the major breakthrough
for me and was one of the major things that made me shift allmost entirely to the Flex road.

>> It's a real pitty to have it dropped and wasted :-(

it really wasn't extensible as to what components it could handle.

>> The principle behind it (that you can take designer art and break it down into components)
is compelling, but I question whether it remains valid in a world of dynamic UI.

>> It is also interesting to note that you used it in completely different way than
it was intended.  It was for a design-first-then-develop workflow and you did it the other
way (which is what I do when I have a choice as well).