From "Yvon Sauvageau" <>
Subject Re: Is FXG a good long term choice for Apache Flex?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 20:18:02 GMT
Don't convert your FXG to SVG for real though. The last time I tried SVG in FB 4.6, I got compile
warnings that basically told me that SVG was a thing of the past and that I should use FXG.

-----Original message-----
From: Jeffry Houser <>
Cc: "s├ębastien Paturel" <>
Sent: Fri, Oct 5, 2012 14:34:04 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: Is FXG a good long term choice for Apache Flex?

On 10/5/2012 9:44 AM, s├ębastien Paturel wrote:
> by the way, why Adobe chose to use new FXG, instead of SVG? (i bet the
> answer as already been given a few times, sorry for asking again)

  There has been some talk about that in the past.  The general gist--as
I understand it--was that they decided it would be better to create
something which was closer to the Flash Player rending model.

  FXG and SVG are very close; as I understand it.  I thought the Flex
compiler supported SVG too?  It may be an interesting experiment to
convert all the FXG elements (and related skins) to SVG.

Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
Part of the DotComIt Brain Trust