From Métairie, Stéphane <serial...@ebu.ch>
Subject RE: Apache Flex roadmap page in the wiki [was: I was tired of waiting.]
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 07:38:38 GMT
I think you should not be tensed with this Roadmap, and nobody will spend his time to update
a timeline ... the status of the project is sufficient, perhaps more visible would be better.
Just my opinion ;)

"But people committing, making patches and contributing will."

We agree.

-----Original Message-----
From: Omar Gonzalez [mailto:omarg.developer@gmail.com]
Sent: mardi, 2. octobre 2012 08:28
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Flex roadmap page in the wiki [was: I was tired of waiting.]

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Métairie, Stéphane <serial_sm@ebu.ch>wrote:

> This page shown a rudimentary but interesting Roadmap that doesn't
> come magically by itself there ;)
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Status+of+Project

No, it doesn't automatically appear there. People that are working on Flex have to update
it, but guess what? Nobody is updating it. They're probably not updating it because they would
rather spend their time working on Flex.
As a committer I hardly have time to mess with Flex, when I do have that time, I am not going
to spend it playing with a Wiki. I'm going to spend it playing with Flex. I'm sure others
feel similar, or this status page would have more information in it.

> I'm insisting that Decision Maker won't drill down the web site to
> reach the confluence wiki to find this page, won't subscribe to this list, etc.

So if a decision maker isn't going to look for the "Status of Project" page then what makes
you think they'll drill down the web site to search for a roadmap?

> The final aim (for a volunteer-based project too) is the Flex life
> continue, isn't it?

Yes. A roadmap isn't going to prolong the life of Flex. But people committing, making patches
and contributing will.

Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org
Apache Flex PPMC

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote
also confirms that this email message has been swept by the mailgateway