From Métairie, Stéphane <serial...@ebu.ch>
Subject RE: Apache Flex roadmap page in the wiki [was: I was tired of waiting.]
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 06:21:18 GMT
This page shown a rudimentary but interesting Roadmap that doesn't come magically by itself
there ;)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Status+of+Project

I'm insisting that Decision Maker won't drill down the web site to reach the confluence wiki
to find this page, won't subscribe to this list, etc.
The final aim (for a volunteer-based project too) is the Flex life continue, isn't it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Omar Gonzalez [mailto:omarg.developer@gmail.com]
Sent: mardi, 2. octobre 2012 08:05
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Flex roadmap page in the wiki [was: I was tired of waiting.]

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Métairie, Stéphane <serial_sm@ebu.ch>wrote:

> For all observers (and FLEX orphans) the roadmap, or some milestones,
> publicly shared will be helpful and ... comforting : many IT
> decision-maker wonder if they have to continue with Flex or not.

There's nothing to share publicly because all of the information is already public. The Apache
Flex team does not discuss project matters in a private space.

If  "observers (and FLEX orphans)" have questions about Apache Flex they are more than welcome
to post them to flex-users@incubator.apache.org and I am sure all of their questions will
be answered. I'm sure that will provide the comfort they seek.

There isn't going to be a Roadmap. We have discussed this to no end apparently. Not sure how
else to say this, its a volunteer-based project that sees participants come and go as they
lose or gain interests. There is no roadmap because we are not employees and we all have our
own aspirations for Flex.

If we came up with a "Roadmap", and then all of the individuals that came up with the list
of items suddenly lose interest in Apache Flex, then new and returning committers are now
"on the hook" for something that they might not have interest in or want to be committed to.

It's just not happening.

-omar

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote
also confirms that this email message has been swept by the mailgateway