From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Committing bugs to svn
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 14:39:31 GMT
Hi,

There was a vote[1] a while back and it was decided to go with this:

With the addition of cherry picking from develop to trunk when making a release. However we've
not migrated to git yet so have to commit via SVN.

Basically all work need to be done in the SVN "develop" branch[2] and that will be merged
with trunk when making a release.

Currently there's github mirrors [3] of the SVN repositories that you can use (see http://git.apache.org
for full list), but they are read only. Note that the git patch format is slightly different
to SVN format so you need use patch -p1 to apply any git patches to SVN.

If you like working in github there's a couple of issues still to resolve (eg closing pull
requests) but it currently possible. [4]

From what I can see the Git migration has stalled as no one has stepped forward with the right
set of skills (git admin and python) and time to push it forward.

Thanks,
Justin

1 http://markmail.org/message/2kklqltsdo4643lv
2 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/sdk/branches/develop