From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Flex possible evolutions
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:41:54 GMT
I'm working on an audio framework that is Android native based where I
call OSC string messages through a AIR native extension.

Having a high performance ui framework based on the stage3D API is
exactly what I am looking for. Feathers framework is awesome but still
young and developed by ONE dev, Josh. I'm learning his framework so I
can help him out and at the same time get a prototype app on mobile
using his components.

All my controls, sequencers, menus everything could be done with what
the Flex framework has to offer but on stage3D.

See; [0] for an article and a screenshot of something made in AIR/Flex mobile

The ui runs ok(Flex), but if that was on stage3d, I can imagine what I
could do.

So you need to erase what you *think* the word "Gaming" means and
realize A a Flex like framework can totally be utilized in AVMNext.

Note; I have also made this same application in Java Android and I
will tell you, using a framework like flex is a lot easier to develop
something like what is pictured in that link (music instrument on
mobile).

- [0]
http://blog.teotigraphix.com/2012/08/23/caustic-toolkit-android-apache-flex-audio-synth-sequencer-framework/

Mike