From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 21:55:14 GMT
Quoting Thibault Imbert <timbert@adobe.com>:

> Hi Mike,
>
> This is true, but ASC is already moving to ASNext targeting the next
> generation runtime which is targeting game developers. So our resources
> are assigned to that and the time we have to take ASC 2.0 changes to
> Falcon, are limited. Gordon will bring key/showstopper bugs fixed in ASC
> 2.0 to Falcon, we cannot commit to anything more.
>
> Just a heads up, given the architecture changes of the next-gen runtime,
> Flex will not be able to run in it. I would "highly" recommend you guys
> having a look at Feathers (work from Josh Tynjala - feathersui.com) on top
> of Starling, which will run beautifully in our next runtime.

I have just started working with Josh and this component architecture,
it is very nice. I spoke of feathers earlier today and was talking
with Josh about MXML support.

So your saying there needs to be a component framework developed that
will run in the new architecture to be cross compatible? I don't quite
understand what you are saying.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC