From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:52:10 GMT
Quoting Omar Gonzalez <omarg.developer@gmail.com>:

> Right, I don't like to leave any room for ambiguity. ;)
>
> I would agree that tests for the compiler should be the first priority at
> this point. It will facilitate tracking bug fixes Adobe is doing and
> getting them back into Falcon, since it seems Adobe is pretty much not
> interested in contributing the fixes/changes they do to ASC 2.0 back into
> Falcon. Perhaps Thibault is not aware of Gordon's statement that he will be
> trying to bring some of those fixes back into Falcon. But even if Gordon
> does continue to have time allocated for those efforts the fact that he can
> only contribute 1 day of the week means that he isn't going to be able to
> keep up.
>
> I'd be willing to help write tests for the existing code, but it will be
> slow going for me as I'm not a Java guy (its written in Java right?). But I
> wouldn't mind learning some more Java, its been a while since I tried
> coding it.
>
> -omar

Yes it's Java.

I guess this is where you could call me trigger shy. I am by no means
a compiler guru, I have created quite a bit with parsers and AS3 Doms,
asblocks and such but really I guess it comes down to tests.

I know that tests are the MOST important aspect of a parser/lexer and
compiler. This is why I was waiting to see if Gordon was going to be
able to jump start the tests in the framework falcon folder.

I just wanted to see "HOW" he does it. Then I would work like a mad
man filling all the gaps based off his pattern for testing. I really
have no idea what is the correct way to test this huge framework that
has been donated.

Just saying *do it* is not relevant to this initial endevor of getting
tests going for Falcon.

I'm going to wait and see if Gordon has any response to this.

Mike--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com
http://blog.teotigraphix.com