From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Is Apache model killing this project?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:59:21 GMT
Erik,

I want to clarify what *I* meant by ghost town.

We are all on a team, in the circle of life we all have roles we play
and positions we excel at. The ghost town I am speaking of is the push
for forward progress at the same time Om and yourself are making the
current SDK available as an Apache release.

Honestly, I cannot do what you or Om are doing, I know nothing about
keys, release protocols, the mustella etc. I know about components,
compilers and documenters.

I have tried creating a circle so I can feel like there are a couple
others thinking about "what is next" for the project beyond what you,
Om and others are working hard on at the moment.

The fact is, to move forward with the compiler, there needs to be a
circle created where more than just casual observation is happening.

For me, this is the first step of contribution I am offering. I feel I
have offered a lot to this project already and want to continue. I am
just laying out some of my opinions that I feel are prerequisites to
start this huge migration that is inevitable to compete with new
technologies.

So let me repeat, there is a lot I cannot do on this project, there is
a little that I could be really good at.

Anyway, I probably sound self centered, but I really am. I also know
what it takes for innovation, communication is the only way mankind
has evolved.

And yes, this has been a good conversation... I only wish it was about
the compiler API and unit tests. ;-)

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC