From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Is Apache model killing this project?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:34:53 GMT
Right, I have a thick head, thus some of my comments.

Quoting Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl>:

> Mike,
>
> I'm taking none of this personal, I'm Dutch and have a very thick
> skin, so don't worry about that :-)
>
> The only thing I'm trying to achieve with my comments is to get you to
> contribute something to the project, besides constructive criticism
> and excellent ideas. You have to offer so much, why not share a
> little? As you correctly assert, no one can complete Falcon on their
> own, not even Gordon (well, given enough time... ;-)), so, like a long
> journey, maybe start with one small step?

Yes, I understand this unfortunately I am at a turning point here. I
am like any other business man that has to weigh the options of my
next step and decisions.

I have tried to start some dialog in the past couple of weeks about
documentation, the compiler etc. As Roland stated, the only feedback I
got was from him and we have talked about this stuff personally, so he
doesn't count. :)

I already risked my business on Adobe last year, that failed. I had to
pick up the pieces of last November and reinvent myself. Choosing to
commit myself to this project means seeing or in my case feeling
support, I'm not going to start something until I can get a decent
dialog with other developers. I don't care what Apache says about do
it yourself, if conversations cannot even be started on a dev list,
it's hopeless form my view and I'm not going to spend my free time
committing code to a project that I cannot even get decent feedback
from a dev list.

> If you think that there needs to be discussion about the direction of
> the project and it the goals the community would like to work towards,
> please start one. You can use this list, but better would be to use
> the Wiki or the website itself, so there is a better record of the
> arguments.

I understand this as well but, if I cannot at least get a decent
conversation from the project's dev list, why even bother spending
time on a wiki or a website that these devs probably are not even
viewing?

Mike