From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Is Apache model killing this project?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 12:40:06 GMT
Quoting Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl>:

>> Carlos, I don't think the Apache model is to blame, I think it's the project
>> to blame, we have no real contributors that are active!
>
> Myself, and I'm sure the other active contributors also, take offense.
> We insist we're very real, not figments of someone's imagination ;-)
>
> I'm sorry you feel frustrated, but with Open Source I think the mantra
> is: "if you don't like it, change it."
>
> EdB

Ok, lost in translation, you can't possibly think I meant there are no
real contributors. I definitely worded that wrong and I apologize if
you misinterpreted this.

What I won't apologize for is the seemingly naive attitude this
project is taking about it's future and current contributions.

I would debate this issue face to face, in any open source project
their are tiers of contribution that make the project successful. As
it stands, where are the discussions about the project's future, I'm
not talking about a road map here?

If you think I'm going to believe that the Apache way tells me to do
it myself and "if you don't like it, change it.". This project is
monolithic to change anything myself.

Please reread what I wrote about the compiler, I cannot do that myself
and to sink time into that without others support is ridiculous from
my perspective.

Supporting some github project is definitely where I could "if you
don't like it, change it."

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC