From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:20:55 GMT
This is interesting,

Gordon replied that sometime he might be bringing some of the changes
back to the Falcon compiler in an email a couple days ago but Thibault
now says no plans, hmm.

I had a look at the things that have been fixed in the change log of
ASC 2, there is no way I am going to spend my time trying to duplicate
the amount of bugs that have been fixed by Adobe on their compiler.

It's great that Aodbe forked us a compiler, but then again what is the
use other than some free code and no "opensource" contribution.

My tone may sound a bit well, I don't really know but I coming from
the fact that I have not seen hardly ANY interest in others on this
dev list or around the "social" circles to have anything to do with
the compiler. If there were developers in this project that knew how
to push the gifted compiler code forward other than Gordon that is an
employee of Adobe, I would have a lot more encouragement here.

I don't think people understand that this new compiler framework is
the life or death of this project and if it doesn't get supported,
Apache Flex is a still born after 4.x in my opinion.

Mike

Quoting Jesus Barquin <yukatan@gmail.com>:

> So... is there anybody at apache flex that can follow the flash runtime
> evolution??? I mean improving future apache flex compiler, because the
> runtime seems to be every day more and more far away from the apache flex
> way and I feel a little bit scared.
>
> 2012/10/18 Thibault Imbert <timbert@adobe.com>
>
>> Hi Clint,
>>
>> No, we have no plans.
>>
>> Thibault Imbert | sr. product manager gaming (Graphics, Language, VM,
>> Compiler) | Monocle | adobe systems
>> gaming.adobe.com <http://gaming.adobe.com/> | bytearray.org
>> <http://bytearray.org/> | @thibault_imbert
>>

>> On 10/17/12 11:04 PM, "Clint Modien" <clint@vectorscape.com> wrote:
>>
>> >This obviously begs the questionĊ  does Adobe plan on donating any changes
>> >to ASC 2.0 back to Apache Flex?

Falcon