From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] tag (was: Re: [VOTE] "The more designer tools exist for Apache Flex, the more attractive Apache Flex becomes")
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:28:32 GMT
Quoting Jonathan Campos <jonbcampos@gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Michael Schmalle
> <apache@teotigraphix.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm not voting on this but, I understand the tension here, I would bet a
>> great deal of money on the effort put into getting Adobe to release source
>> code for FC or the Visual Editor of FB is never going to happen. Alex in
>> his own way has hinted at this in a couple of emails.
>>
>> Why this thread even exists is beyond me Sabatian, didn't the thread about
>> creating a visual designer that exists and was being talked about between 2
>> involved committers kind of preempt this?
>>
>> Before anybody goes bashing me, just note I am not putting an ounce of
>> hope or thought into FlashCatalyst or FlashBuilder's DesignView becoming
>> Apache Flex's design view savior.
>>
>> In the eternal words of those that don't like to waste time, cut your
>> losses and move on.
>>

> While I don't agree with the tone I do agree that I don't see a point to
> this poll. If you want a visual editor start building it. If people like it
> then it will be picked up. It's that simple.
>
> --
> Jonathan Campos

There is really no tone, it more coming from the fact that there is a
conversation about solving a problem, he doesn't want to be involved
in solving that problem from the perspective of what people can do
that are involved with the Apache Flex project.

That survey existed 10 months ago and nothing has changed, we only
have Alex basically saying no way, no how 10 months later.

Sabatian, I did catch one of your comments regarding our "design view"
project and you basically said with a couple people involved it's
impossible and that is why you are continuing the push to get
FlashCatalyst in CS7 or whatever version you said.

The way I see it is there are major circuits and cross talk happening
and it's diluting the substance of trying to solve a problem.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com