From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Design View AIR App (Was: Re: Apache Flex GUI Designer tools)
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 12:08:16 GMT
Quoting Roland Zwaga <roland@stackandheap.com>:

>> - Eclipse Parses AS plugin source code
>> - FlashPlayer loads parsed XML AST Tree
>> - FlashPlayer interprets the AST using a DOM
>> - FlashPlayer then inspects the DOM for mapped implementations of the
>> Eclipse Plugin API
>> - FlashPlayer then sends commands back to Eclipse's Java API
>> - Eclipse Java then executes the mapped message from FlashPlayer
>>
>> Does this make sense?
>>

> It does, kind of ;) I'll have to take a closer look myself, but on some
> level I follow, kinda ;)

This is like playing with a video game, it looks fun but really has no
bearing on the discussion other than having a realization that we
could use a socket for communication.

And for that matter, the client code (Eclipse Java) is buried in FDT,
I don't even think they give access to that, just the ActionScript API
side.

So all in all, this is still a proprietary idea from FDT.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com