From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Financing the Design View AIR App (Was: Re: Design View AIR App)
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 09:29:45 GMT
Sebastian,

No offense but sometimes I think you over think problems. Apache is
not an enterprise in respect to each project.

Having the same perspective about a project like FlashCatalyst and
expecting that from Apache Flex is going to keep you up at night. This
project would be iterative.

 From the looks of it I can count more than 3 people that seem to be
interested in this project and we have only talked about it for a day.

IMO I think you should just give the FC thing a rest and save your
energy for things that actually could manifest.

Mike

Quoting Sebastian Mohr <masuland@gmail.com>:

> Thanks, Om, for taking the initiative on this matter!
>
> I still doubt, though, that this designing and skinning tool, you are
> proposing, can be created by one person alone. If the Adobe Catalyst
> team couldn't finish Flash Catalyst within 4 years of development, how
> could you possibly do that just on your own?
>
> The way I see it: The Flash Catalyst development should be
> reopened and splited up into an open source project and into a
> commercial project. The open source project should be hosted
> on Github and codenamed Adobe Thermo again [1] - just like
> Adobe Brackets [2]. Further, the commercial product, called Flash
> Catalyst again, should reenter the Adobe Creative Suite product
> line in CS7.
>
> In case that Adobe blocks those affords then, maybe, the
> Spoon project would have some financial resources left to
> start this initiative. Thoughts?
>

> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Sebastian Mohr
> Apache Flex Developer (PPMC),