From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex GUI Designer tools
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:22:07 GMT
Quoting Charles Monteiro <charles@monteirosfusion.com>:

>> Now if we get some revolution going with AS -> JS compiling that is not
>> using the Flash API, then it's time to really start thinking about a design
>> inspector. ;-)Now if we get some revolution going with AS -> JS compiling
>> that is not using the Flash API, then it's time to really start thinking
>> about a design inspector. ;-)
>

> why is that compelling ? If I wanted to compile to JS in general why not
> use something like coffee-script that is elegant or use Appcelerator  which
> has all the tooling there. AS -> JS , to me just seems like a way of
> porting away from AS.
>
> The reason why I care about Flex is because AIR runs on all the platforms I
> care about and secondarily yes, in general I like the framework.
>
> -Charles

It's not compelling, anyway I don't want to learn coffescript or use
Appcelerator. I don't even design in html/js.

Don't forget why a lot of people work on opensource, it's fun and a
hobby. I like the AS3 language, that is enough for me to dream of
other ways the language could be used.

If I'm totally wrong about this, who really cares? I love compilers,
if someone dreams up a way to have fun with a crosscompiler, I'm going
to work on it for fun.

I detached my business from Adobe and the Flash Player/AIR for
specific reasons, I did not detach myself from the AS language or MXML
for that matter.

PS I think compile targets is what I am talking about here. I don't
want to step on your opinion either.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC