From Michael Schmalle <>
Subject Committing bugs to svn
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 10:42:53 GMT

I apologize for this but, I have looked in quite a few places and
missed the whole release cycle with 4.8.

Could someone steer me to emails or something that says how a
committer is supposed to take a JIRA task, fix it in their local code
base and where to commit that code.

I see the patches directory in the repo, I'm guessing I would apply
commits against that for now and then they get merged into the trunk
down the road?

Looking through some of the JIRA bugs, I know some probably can't be
fixed from experience, can I close them or do I have to create a
dialog(comment) on the bug first to see if it would get any responses.

Also, I have skimmed through the huge GIT conversations, can someone
recap what is going on with GIT in a paragraph?

Again, I apologize for the lame questions, I just happened to step out
at the wrong time. :)

Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC

View raw message