From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Flex CodeScape ...
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:41:11 GMT
Quoting Roland Zwaga <roland@stackandheap.com>:

>> So yes, if you can image a fully parsed source list with all the trimmings
>> sitting in a class that has an API;
>>
>> Collection<**IFunctionDefinition> getFunctions(ITypeDefinition definition,
>>             String visibility, boolean inherit);
>>
>> Collection<IClassDefinition> getSubClasses(IClassDefinition definition);
>>
>> Collection<IClassDefinition> getInterfaceImplementors(**IInterfaceDefinition
>> definition);
>>
>> Collection<**IInterfaceDefinition> getSubInterfaces(**IInterfaceDefinition
>> definition);
>>
>> etc...
>>

>> Also note, there is some API in the scopes.* package that might make it
>> even easier for me to do what I already am doing. I haven't taken the dive
>> into that package to fully understand what it's capable of.
>>

> Erm, let me get this right, the API examples you're giving are from the
> current compiler API, or is this part of the extension framework you're
> planning to build?
>
> cheers,
>
> Roland

The API is from the documentor/extension framework that is existing. I
am using this API as we speak for the production of said asdoc
examples just given. :)

I figured sorting is faster than insane amount of loops during render
and conversion. It seems my gamble paid off with this new compiler API.

Mind you, I have been "working" on this documentor code/framework for
years. Since about 2005 I have had various incarnations, started with
PHP and RegExp! haha

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC