From Michael Schmalle <>
Subject Re: Flex CodeScape ...
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 11:51:33 GMT

Yeah took a look at the PDF, there are some things that need to be
thought about. I'm not really at the point where I could even begin to
think about this part.

Hopefully others might take an interest when the framework is up and
could help contribute then.

BTW the "framework" here uses the parser to load source files and
swcs, create the AST nodes and IDefinitions.

Once the parsing is done a processor takes all the compilation units
and sorts all member data, meta data into an accessor map API. From
there processing is done to resolve inherited comments, accessor
get-set pairs and various other things.

At this point, anything is possible, using the accessor map
dependencies are set and it's just a matter of finessing the API to
create the output you want.

IE With the first iteration here I have created the asdoc HTML API
docs using Velocity templates. Works very fast. I am parsing and
outputting the spark and framework html in 35 seconds.

Quoting Roland Zwaga <>:

> On 1 October 2012 13:21, Michael Schmalle <> wrote:
>> Quoting Roland Zwaga <>:
>>> Perhaps it would be an idea to output UML? Or would this be overkill?
>> Well Roland, spitting out UML would be as easy as knowing what to spit
>> out. :) Is there an UML-XML spec somewhere for existing editors to be able
>> to load? I have used StarUML for years, so I am not to versed on the
>> current state of the programs.
>> I think this would be the best output though, at the same time it would
>> give a dependency graph as well.
> Well, I ain't no UML authority ;) But this is what is available right now
> about the UML spec:
> Perhaps worth a look?
> Cheers,
> Roland