From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: To AS4 or not (was: Re: ASC 2.0 and Falcon)
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 18:54:55 GMT
> Gordon, Adobe AS4 compiler won't be open sourced but would it be possible to adapt Falcon
to target the new VM?

Yes, it would be possible. Falcon/ASC 2.0 was the starting point for Adobe's development of
an AS4 compiler. But it's been many developer-years of work for us and it isn't trivial. ActionScript
is more complex than MXML.

- Gordon

Alex, couldn't we simply use AS4 and have multiple target platforms ?