From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:25:56 GMT

   Maybe you could setup a new process that has users agree to the license the first time
and receive the new changes to the license in email.  I believe your cellular companies and
insurance companies do this.  They inform you of the changes to your account/policy and send
you an email.  Could that be done instead of having to enable/disable accounts constantly?

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de [mailto:christofer.dutz@c-ware.de]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:29
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: AW: AW: AW: AW: Flex Maven FDK Generator RC1

Currently If I accept the Adobe license an download a FDK and Adobe decides to change the
License details after me downloading it. There are no means to force me to accept the changed
license. Same would apply to the szenario of a Adobe-Nexus which is accessed using username
and password. My Artifactory would be configured to use that login when fetching stuff from
Adobes Nexus and I would be able to use everything in an automated build environment ... My
Artifactory server would fetch stuff it needs from Adobe automatically using the login I provided
it with. If Adobe changed the license details all accounts would be disabled preventing my
Server to fetch stuff untill I accept the changed licenses and my account is re-activated.
Then everything should run smoothly untill the next license change.

I think this approach would eliminate the need for Adobe to build something entirely new and
simply use a standard Nexus and eventually develop a custom Plugin for registering and re-activating
user accounts. The effort for Adobe would be minimal, but the benefit for developers would
be at a max.

Chris