From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC4
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:19:50 GMT
I just downloaded the tar.gz src kit, built it and installed it.  I
created a simple AIR app and ran it.  I also checked that scripts in the
bin directory have the execute bit set.

In your src directory there is a sdk-installer-config.xml file.  Why is
that there?

These should be fixed for the re-kit:

The README says the binaries are in installer/release/binaries.  It should
say installer/release directory.
The same text with the agreement spelling error should refer to the
"Apache v2" license not the Apache license.

These can probably wait until next time:

The first time I tried install I seemed to get a bad mirror.  After
waiting about 5 minutes for the download I had to close the installer and
start again.  I tried to use the same install directory but couldn't since
it wasn't empty because of the temp directory left in it.  So two
suggestions.  The flex-sdk-download should have a timeout on it and retry
another mirror.  The close button should cleanup.

For most dmg files, when you click the dmg file and it opens the app, you
see the application's icon in the folder which you click to install the
app.  For this dmg, I just see a generic app icon, not the pretty Apache
Flex icon.  I don't know why this is but it would be nice to figure it out.

The title bar says "Install Apache Flex for use with Adobe Flash Builder".
 I thought we were trying to be more generic.

The Nederlands locale shows the two buttons for the licenses - one is Toon
MPL License (Toon seems to be show since there is a Toon Log button) and
the other is Show Adobe License.  This is inconsistent.

The Greek locale seems to be using a character not in my font.  The Show
Log button has a missing character in the middle that shows as a solid
diamond with a '?' in the middle of it.

Whatever doesn't get fixed should be logged in JIRA.

Carol