From Carol Frampton <>
Subject Re: Apache Flex roadmap page in the wiki [was: I was tired of waiting.]
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:29:26 GMT
I think we've been thru this before but I'm not going to take the time to
find the thread.  I don't think people had a problem with putting together
a list of project suggestions and what people are working on.  I think the
issue was more with the term "Roadmap" because, at least in the corporate
world, that generally implies a commitment and since this is a volunteer
effort and people can work on whatever they wish there can be no
commitments to a Roadmap.

On 9/13/12 4 :50AM, "Raju Bitter" <>

>On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Justin Mclean <>
>> Hi,
>>> Okay then, is there a road-map or a plan in this project??
>> Being an open source project there is no roadmap as such. People are
>>free to work on whatever they want when they want.
>> If enough users of the SDK think a feature is important it's probably
>>more likely that it gets implemented.
>>> How long are you going to wait for Adobe action?
>> Adobe has donated the majority of code so I don't think we waiting on
>> Is there anything in particular you like to see implemented or
>>improved? Do you have an existing bug or issue you like to see fixed?
>> If you want to become involved perhaps you could help out with some
>>translation of existing resources?
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>I remember asking for a roadmap as well, since I think it's good to
>have a page where some of the possible features for a planned released
>are listed - even if there is no promised release date or a promise,
>that a certain feature will make it into version X.x.
>Some Apache projects have a roadmap page with more detailed
>information on what has been discussed in the dev mailing list as a
>possible new feature, e.g.:
>Apache Jena refers to popular issues, open issues, or last week activity.
>Hadoop has a page with project suggestions:
>Wicket lists the issues for the next release
>I guess that there could be a Flex 5.0 roadmap with items the
>community and the project members have discussed and are working on at
>the moment. Probably depends on the way the project team likes to
>organize releases.
>- Raju

View raw message