From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0 - RC2
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 21:58:03 GMT

On 9/11/12 1:00 PM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> 2.  When testing the installer I noticed the following.
>>

>> - On the License Agreement page, I can click, "I Agree, Install" without
>> reading any of the licenses or even seeing which license applies to which
>> component.
>>

> This is a feature.  It was discussed here on the list [1] and approved via
> lazy consensus.

I'm not convinced many folks saw this discussion point as a [LAZY].  At
least, I didn't notice it before.  Looking at it again, I would say the text
should be more explicit as in "I agree to all options and license".

>> - The Adobe embedded font support is listed as Adobe Fontswf utility which
>> isn't really accurate.  I might want embedded font support but care less
>> about the utility and I wouldn't know to install this component.
>>

> I am not following you.  What should I change to fix this issue?
Instead of calling it "Adobe Fontswf Utility", how about "Adobe Embedded
Font Libraries and Utilities"?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team