From Igor Costa <igorco...@gmail.com>
Subject [RT] Flex cross compilation for new environments
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 06:17:40 GMT
Hi there Folks

I've been digging around Vaadin source code and the way the move to support
compilation for HTML/CSS/JS with Java written only.

Their way of generating source code is pretty similar of what we have in
SystemManager(https://vaadin.com/api/com/vaadin/ui/AbstractComponent.html) and
UIComponent(https://vaadin.com/api/com/vaadin/ui/Component.html), I guess
on my view they had something in mind
to be inspired by Flash ecosystem mixing with GWT which is part of the core
of it.

Some advantages on their project is licensed under Apache, it's open-source
and their API is pretty similar like Flex and Swing.

That's lead me to one question, should we move on that direction with
Falcon or even mxmlc to generate something similar to that?
I mean how hard should be to generate text base docs.

The core way of vaadin does it's all related to css to create the UI and
javascript 1.2 to the engine of script.

We shall have to inspire in this project to take cool features it's have
and apply some of them in Flex project.

I'd love to see some feedback's here.

Igor Costa