From Charles Monteiro <char...@monteirosfusion.com>
Subject Re: Flash Builder 4.7 Beta with Apache Flex 4.8 support
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:08:04 GMT
I suppose but although I do a lot of backend server dev on Linux I don't do
any client dev on Linux at all. All of my client side dev work is on
Windows and Mac, that's just me. The UI Designer is a pretty core
component, it saves me a lot of time. I understand your position but it
would seem to me that it is Adobe that is failing to support Linux in this
case.

Its too bad that Intellij's Flex UI plugin is still too lame .

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Nick Collins <ndcollins@gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing to consider... by NOT including the Design View, it could
> potentially open up Flash Builder to more easily being ported to other
> platforms, such as Linux. If I remember correctly from previous
> discussions, the Design View was a major part of the difficulty in
> doing any sort of port previously because of the way in which it
> required an embedded custom Flash Player instance that was not
> compatible with Linux.
>
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Charles Monteiro
> <charles@nycsmalltalk.org> wrote:
> > that would be great, but from previous glimpses at this on this list it
> > seems that Adobe may have built incompatibilities with UI designer and
> that
> > this group is not interested in supporting it ? well I admit that I have
> > been sitting on the fence and peeking at you all , I'm confused as to
> > whether FB itself was donated i.e. the IDE and not just the SDK
> >
> > -charles
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Charles Monteiro <
> > charles.monteiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks

> the ui

SDK