From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Official Git Repo State
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:36:08 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Guthmann, Scott
<sguthmann@on3solutions.com> wrote:
> Omar - thank you for doing research into the project's move from SVN to GIT. What other
steps need to be taken besides finding [at least one] Python volunteer to support Apache Flex
from an ASF Infra standpoint? Are there other things holding back our move to GIT that you
know of? How much Python work is estimated to facilitate this move? On an ongoing basis, what
will the workload be to keep the Flex Project's infrastructure supported & operating smoothly?

The work that's needed is not a specifically to support the Flex
project. Basically infra is trying to build their git support team.
The way they are doing that for now is to ask projects that want to
use git to "contribute" to the git support. So there's not really a
definition of workload. It's essentially a thing of needing a support
team for git at apache. They need people to build and maintain the
components that are necessary to support projects using the tool.

Greg