From Avinash Narayanan <avinasha...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Flash Builder 4.8 Beta available
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 04:11:43 GMT
Hey Guys,

Got this mail from Keith Sutton from Adobe that FlashBuilder 4.8 Beta is
now available for download. Please spread the message if you want to :)

Thanks
Avinash Y

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Keith Sutton <keith@spoon.as>
Date: Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Subject: Flash Builder 4.8 Beta available
To: avinashapr9@gmail.com

 Avinash,

Please pass on to Apache Flex community members.

The latest version of Flash Builder is currently available in public beta
with support for Apache Flex 4.8.  The Flash Builder team is looking for
feedback on our support for Apache Flex SDKs (and what we can do to
make using Apache Flex easier in Flash Builder).

"The FB team has made a number of changes to how Flash Builder deals with
SDK
identification and versioning to permit it to work with new Apache SDKs,
both the current 4.8 drop as well as future versions (there's a lot of
quirky behavior we've seen dropping new SDKs into 4.6).  We've also done
extensive testing, which isn't directly visible as a new feature but
should ensure a much smoother user experience."

The beta is free to all - it will expire when the official version ships.
The official version will be a free upgrade for retail 4.5/4.6 customers.

Bits are available on Adobe Labs at
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashbuilder4-7

Courtesy of:
Scott Castle
Group Product Manager, Flash developer tooling