From Franck Wolff <franck.wo...@graniteds.org>
Subject Proposal for contributing code from GraniteDS
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:05:16 GMT
Hi All,

We, at Granite Data Services <http://www.graniteds.org>, are considering
contributing part of our Flex client code to this Apache project. Our first
thought is to contribute our Bean Validation (aka JSR-303) implementation
in ActionScript3: this framework gives an easy and powerful way to validate
ActionScript beans based on constraint annotations (see documentation
here<http://www.graniteds.org/public/docs/2.3.2/docs/reference/en-US/html/graniteds.validation.html>).
This framework can be used standalone, with no specific dependency to rest
of the GraniteDS platform, but is usually best used together with Gas3 (our
code generation tool) which replicates Java entities annotated with
constraint annotations in ActionScript3, with the same constraints. The
validation process can then be executed on the Flex, replicating what Java
is doing on its part, and can display error messages on the fly, while the
user is filling out a Flex form.

What do you think about such contribution? We could also contribute later
our Flex implementation of the BigDecimal, BigInteger and Long classes (see
documentation here<http://www.graniteds.org/public/docs/2.3.2/docs/reference/en-US/html/graniteds.bignumbers.html>),
but this implementation has a dependency on some externalization features
specific to GraniteDS.

Regards,
--
Franck Wolff / William Draï