From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] and PPMC members: info page about binaries
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 08:29:20 GMT
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Jonathan Campos <jonbcampos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I've been wondering if Spoon could/should/would be that distributor
>> of binaries.  They could even try to get distribution rights to Adobe stuff as
>> well so the packages would go back to looking more like Adobe Flex 4.6.
>>
> We could and that is something that was discussed in the past. I believe it
> would be preferred to not have people got to a different site for their
> downloads. However if you are just talking about hosting the binaries then
> that may be arranged...

IMO, Spoon building and distributing Apache Flex binaries would be
great, that would provide a clear separation between what happens here
(source code) and there (packaging and distribution).

That's the model used by Subversion,
http://subversion.apache.org/download/ has no binaries at all, and
points to http://subversion.apache.org/packages.html where various
third-party distributions are mentioned.

-Bertrand