From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject [MENTOR] and PPMC members: info page about binaries
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:53:49 GMT
Hi,

See FLEX-33188 where I have started a discussion about this, that I
think should involve the PPMC more widely, to make sure people are on
the same page.

IMO, Flex needs a website page with information about binaries vs.
releases, as IIUC the project's intention is to make it easy for users
to download binaries.

The one Erik has created at
http://incubator.apache.org/flex/installer-disclaimer.html is pretty
good, but IMO it's not just about the installer, that should just be
about "Flex binaries" and other modules can then point to that.

See also [1] and [2], and note that in [1] the Subversion project does
not maintain binaries themselves, they leave that to third parties and
just point to them and their maintainers, it's a nice model but I
don't know if that would apply to Flex.

-Bertrand

[1] http://subversion.apache.org/packages.html for an example
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/release