From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] and PPMC members: info page about binaries
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 09:14:27 GMT
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Erik de Bruin <> wrote:
> ...That's
> what the convenience binaries are for, IMHO. Having those available
> from the Apache 'network' (which for all intends and purposes the
> mirrors act like) will make most people trust them implicitly (yes,
> not a good idea, agreed, but certainly the way it works for most). I'm
> sure this is true for any network that makes the binaries available
> (e.g. Spoon), but since the name is APACHE Flex... I feel the best
> place for them is with Apache...

I guess in the end the question is whether people will trust more

a) The ASF who explicitly says "you're on your own if you use our
binaries, get the source if you want the real thing"

b) A well-known external entity like Spoon who says "we carefully
build and test our Apache Flex binaries so that the Flex community can
use them safely"

The result is probably hard to predict ;-)

View raw message